Monday, March 3, 2014

Agents and Trolls and Shills, Oh My!!!



SUNDAY, 2 MARCH 2014

Agents and Trolls and Shills, Oh My!!!

All of us who write on topics like the ones that I cover over here on RTS have been inundated with "troll" or "shill" activity at one time or another.  That is the main reason why I closed the comment section of RTS down, because with most of the articles I was putting out last year we were getting over a hundred, if not 200-300 comments, and there was so many agents/shills/trolls hitting the site that just moderating the comments was taking hours and hours of my time.

I  reposted an article way back last January that was the story of an "ex shill".  I just pulled it up and reread it myself and it's pretty enlightening to some of the things I've witnessed for the past year especially.


I WAS A PAID INTERNET SHILL
By Ex-Shill, Above Top Secret
I am writing here to come out of the closet as a paid shill. For a little over six months, I was paid to spread disinformation and argue political points on the Internet. This site, ATS, was NOT one that I was assigned to post on, although other people in the same organization were paid to be here, and I assume they still walk among you. But more on this later.


http://removingtheshackles.blogspot.com/2013/01/if-shill-fits.html


Hope Girl just posted an excellent article this evening on this topic.   When I read the email she received right after the radio show friday I sighed.  I too have a folder that contains all the hate mail, emailed death threats, and copies of various comments that have been posted here on RTS, Skype, and facebook etc...

I guess you know you're on the right path when you get hate mail, and get followed around on forums and skype rooms by trolls! lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment